Man of Steel will not use John Williams' Superman score!


One of the most iconic parts of the Superman movie franchise is the brilliant score composed by John Williams. The Superman Theme is what really ties the character to the movies, However, it appears that Zack Snyder will not use the iconic score by John Williams! In an interview with Total Film, Snyder stated:
"We decided to act as if no Superman film had been made - even though we love the films that have been made.
"We had to say this is a Superman movie for the first time and you can't then go 'Oh, now let's steal a little music.'

"So, yes it's awesome music but Hans Zimmer is going to do something awesome."
I have to say that this surprises me. I can understand where Snyder is coming from but I had fully expected the John Williams score to be snuck into the movie somewhere. Even if it was just a whisper of the theme played softly in a dramatic moment for fans to catch on their own. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed. How do you feel about Snyder's decision to not use Jon Williams' classic Superman theme?

Man of Steel will fly into theaters on June 14, 2013.

Source: Coventry Telegraph

Comments