Howard the Duck will be returning with his own Marvel comic in 2015!

Fans exploded with delight when Howard the Duck made his cameo at the end of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. For quite some time, people were talking about that scene as much as the main characters themselves, if not more. This popularity was gotten the folks over at Marvel hard at work and the secret is now out! Marvel will be bringing the character back to the comics with his own series!

In 2015 Howard the Duck will get his own series that is being developed by Chip Zdarsky (Sex Criminals) and Joe Quinones. The series is said to follow the adventures of Howard as he becomes a private investigator in the Marvel Universe.
"He’s an everyman who happens to be a duck! He’s angry, exasperated, and he’s had it up to here with the world around him, but he’s trapped here! Infinitely relatable! 
I love the contrast of Howard against both the normal world of us hairless apes and the weird worlds of Man-Things and Dr. Stranges and Spider-Mans. Cause he doesn’t fit into either, really. I’m just going to continue exploring those contrasts, but my ultimate goal is to make it funny. Marvel has taken chances on funny books and injecting humor into superhero titles, so I want to make sure this is worth some chuckles here and there. God, I’m picturing the reviews now: “Some chuckles here and there.” Shoot for the stars, Chip! 
I talk about this a lot with Sex Criminals, the overwhelming guilt I feel from people paying money for my comics. I want to jam-pack these issues with tons of jokes and action and weirdness because people are buying it and I want that purchase to be justified."
Below you can see some art from Marvel featuring Howard's new look. Are you excited for the return of Howard the Duck?

Howard the Duck #1 by Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones will hit store shelves on March 4, 2015.




Comments

  1. That awesome! I always wanted to be a comic artist...

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late to get into the industry!
      I'm excited for this series as well. Excited to see what they do with the character.

      Delete

Post a Comment