Tech Review - iwerkz FlashBand running arm band.

The iwerkz FlashBand running arm band.
(Quarter used for size comparison)
In the past I have been wary about using running armbands for my phone/mp3 player because of the possibility of it not staying in position on my arm or just not fitting my phone/mp3 player in general. I tried out the new "iwerkz FlashBand" running arm band and have to say that I was really impressed.

Check out my review inside the full article.



The iwerkz FlashBand does exactly what you would want it to do. It is a solid product that will be put to good use. It is very good quality and will definitely take a beating without getting too beat up. I have been running with the FlashBand for the past two weeks to put it through a good test period and I have really been enjoying it. I usually run 2-3 miles and the band was able to stay in place the entire time which made me quite happy. It fits quite comfortably with the adjustable strap (a velcro strap that will fit both big and small arms) and the material used for it adds to the comfort. The material also lends itself to easy cleaning after a long run. Simply wipe it down with a towel (dry or slightly wet) to wipe away any sweat that may have gotten on it. It will dry very quick.

The phone compartment fit my Droid Maxx very snug but worked. (Not ideal but works fine.) When I tried my friends' iPhone 5 and 6 they fit perfectly. (Package also notes that the Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, and S5 will fit nicely, as well as "most other smartphones".) I have also ran with my small MP3 player inside which also worked great. (Yup, I still have my old MP3 player!) Over the opening for the phone there are two small holes to slide your headphone jack into. (Two holes depending where your phone's headphone jack is.)

This arm band has four small LED lights on both sides of the phone compartment and have three light settings (steady light, fast flashing, and slow flashing) and are very bright. Cars and passersby will have no problem seeing you during darker hours of the day or night if you turn on the LED lights. This is a truly great feature for jogging, hiking, or biking at night. The power button is clearly marked with a small circle on the right side of the band. The batteries to power the LEDs are included and are easily accessible for replacing. Just be careful when replacing them to not tug on the wires too hard. I haven't needed to replace my batteries yet but it seems like you may have to be very careful when doing so.

Some other nice features of this arm band are a house key slot that as long as the head of your key isn't too big will work nicely. My house key fits perfectly but larger keys, car keys for example, will not fit. The opening for the key slot is 1 inch wide. One last nice feature is that it is water resistant. No need to worry about your phone of the LEDs getting wet if it starts to rain. I wouldn't suggest staying out in the rain too long however since it is only water resistant, not water proof.

Overall this is a fantastic product and I highly recommend it to everyone out there. I'd also like to comment that iwerkz's customer service is speedy and very helpful.

Find out more technical details and purchase the iwerkz FlashBand on Amazon.
iwerkz official site: http://mywerkz.com/

Comments